We are continuing to honor our mission to create a physically and emotionally safe community space for healing. The coronavirus pandemic has meant making adjustments and taking additional precautions.
The following protocols are in place at LBCA in response to the covid-19 pandemic:
Clinic in general:
- Masks must be worn at all times by both staff and patients. Please bring your own. Masks with valves are not allowed.
- Appointments are required.
- We ask that you either wash your hands in the bathroom or use hand sanitizer, which we have on site, when entering and leaving the clinic.
- Social distancing is being enforced. We ask that people keep 6 feet away from others.
- We are wiping down the credit card machine, door handles, and all patient points of contact after each use.
- We are changing sheets and pillow cases after every acupuncture treatment and massage.
- We are no longer offering blankets. We are using space heaters to keep the treatment room warm.
- If you use cash for payment, it must be exact.
- We have suspended offering self-service tea and water. However if you do need water, we will happily get you a cup. We recommend you bring your own water bottle with water.
- We will take your temperature with a touchless thermometer upon your arrival to check for a fever and will be observing if you are presenting any other covid-19 or other communicable disease symptoms. Please, if you know you have a fever, cough, sore throat, or any other communicable disease symptoms, only come in for your session when you are feeling better.
Community Acupuncture specific:
- We have removed four chairs from the treatment room (so there are 4 instead of 8) to provide appropriate social distancing between people.
- The above means scheduling is occurring every 20 minutes instead of 10 minutes.
- Due to the current restrictions on patient capacity due to the covid-19 pandemic, our sliding scale is now $25-$50 with a $15 new patient intake fee.
- We are washing or steam cleaning all massage padding after every session.
- Under the pillow cases we are also layering new disposable, hygienic pillow case covers to add an extra barrier between your face and the actual pillow.
- Due to the current restrictions on patient capacity due to the covid-19 pandemic, our sliding scale is now $65-$90 for a 60 minute session and $95-$120 for a 90 minute session. We may reassess our rates again at a later date.