Hi Little Birds!
We have missed you all and are looking forward to re-opening tomorrow, Monday, June 22nd!
We will start off with a limited schedule in order to ease transition and have time to assess new policies and procedures and adapt them as needed. The scheduler will be open two weeks at a time instead of four weeks so we can adjust our hours as deemed appropriate.
We want to assure you that we are continuing to honor our mission to create a physically and emotionally safe community space for healing. The coronavirus pandemic has meant making adjustments and taking additional precautions.
First and foremost, we are asking those who are sick and experiencing a fever and/or cough to please stay home. Before being treated, everyone will be pre-screened for coronavirus symptoms. A temperature check using a touchless thermometer will be taken prior to each treatment.
The following are the extra precautions we are taking:
- We have removed four chairs from the treatment room (so there are 4 instead of 8) to provide appropriate social distancing between people.
- The above means scheduling is occurring every 20 minutes instead of 10 minutes.
- Due to decrease in patients treated per hour and increase in cleaning expenses, we have increased our sliding scale to $25-$50 with a $15 new patient intake fee.
- Masks must be worn at all times. Please bring your own. Masks with valves are not allowed.
- Appointments are required.
- We ask that you either wash your hands in bathroom or use hand sanitizer when entering and leaving the clinic.
- We are no longer offering blankets. We are using space heaters to keep the treatment room warm.
- We are changing sheets after every treatment.
- We are wiping down the credit card machine, door handles, and all patient points of contact after each use.
- We will suspend offering self-service tea, water, and *gasp* ginger chews. However if you do need water, your acupuncturist will happily get you a cup.
- Massages are still being suspended.
- If you use cash for payment, it must be exact. We are unfortunately unable to offer change.
We can’t stress how much we look forward to re-opening Little Bird and being able to support our community. If you have any questions or feedback on our new policies and procedures, please don’t hesitate to reach out and give us a call at 202-328-1804 or email us at email@example.com.
Photo by Frank Cone from Pexels
Are You Following Us on Social Media?
We’re posting on Instagram (@littlebirddc), Twitter (@littlebirddc), Facebook (Little Bird Community Acupuncture).
As always, thanks so much for supporting Little Bird Community Acupuncture!
Little Bird Staff