Summer is in full swing, and man it’s hot out there! We’re grateful for AC, but we are seeing a lot of people coming in with colds as a result! Below we share tips not just for surviving the heat (and AC) but also for coping with the emotional roller-coaster this summer has brought for many of us. Secondly, read on to learn about our August FLASH SPECIALS and schedule changes!
Self-Care Tips for Stress & Summertime
If you are wilting in the heat or suffering stress and anxiety provoked by current events, you are not alone. This has been a rough summer for lots of folks. Here are 3 resources to turn to for help navigating these hot days and difficult times.
1) Basic Mammal Maintenance, Or How to Be Nice To Yourself: If self-care was not modeled for you as a child, this is a good read of gentle, basic ways to be good to yourself.
2) 12 Summer Self-Care Tips From Acupuncturists: Everything from cooling down with watermelon to protecting yourself from getting chilled by AC!
3) 4 Self-Care Resources for Days When the World Is Terrible: Healing from trauma, specifically addressing people of color
Also, don’t be afraid to lean on us for support. Sometimes people shyly ask, “Do you think it would be ok if I come in more than than once a week?” The answer is: “Of course!” When you are going through a rough time, scheduling 2 or more acupuncture treatments in a week can be a lovely way to get support and to restore your physical and emotional well-being. Schedule Here
August Flash Specials
Have you liked us on Facebook? If not, now is the time! We will be posting day-of Flash Specials for $15 treatments on our Facebook page during the month of August. Check our page daily to catch a special, and mention it to our front desk staff to receive your discount!
August Schedule Changes
Due to staff vacation, the following days will have reduced hours as follows:
- Monday, Aug. 22: Open 9AM-12PM
- Tuesday, Aug 23: Open 3-8PM
- Wednesday, Aug. 24: Open 3-8:30PM
- Thursday, Aug. 25: Open 3-8PM
- Friday, Aug. 26: Open 9AM-12PM
Please book early, as our shorter weeks fill up quickly. You can click here to schedule now!
Happy August, and enjoy that watermelon!
Little Bird Staff